Author Archives: Superfolder CJ
Y’all know the drill by now! Go check out the newest MOU story, Agents of F.O.L.D., by clicking right here.
Hello, everyone! It’s your friendly neighborhood superhero here! I’ve been a little offline for a little while, but I’m glad to be back.
However, I have noticed there has been an increasing amount of toxicity, arguing, and crude comments being made. I’m just going to be very clear: this is unacceptable. I’ve discussed this with Noah and Camster, and while we do not wish to make this into a bigger deal than it is, we do believe that this situation must be controlled.
I’m not going to start name-calling or pointing fingers. You know who you are.
I was reminded how Tom had to deal with some of the toxicity on his own site. Eventually, he got rid of comments all together.
I’m not going to do that. Instead, I am going to keep a stricter and more active watch on the comments. If I see even the potential for unkindness, insults, self-deprecation, rudeness, bad language, ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE A THREAT TO THE POSITIVITY LEVELS OF THIS COMMUNITY… I will delete those comments.
I’m not banning anyone. I don’t believe there was anyone who was right or wrong in these problems. But I am going to be watching very carefully what’s going on from now on. I want us to be a healthy, active community that doesn’t have any problems with each other.
Alright? Alright. Hey, I’m not mad at any of you. I just wanted to get my point across. In fact, I’m very proud of the OY EU and the MOU. This has been such an amazing experience for me as a writer and website-administrator. You guys, every single one of you, have been incredible. I’m very glad to have you as fellow SuperFolders.
By the way… just to get you all of your speculating senses tingling… the next story to be released is going to be titled “Agents of F.O.L.D.” Fire away those theories!!!
Your SuperFolding Friend,
That’s right, ladies and gentlemen! Captain Americrease: The First Fold has now been added to the MOU canon! And we promise you; it’s a surprising one! Go check it out right here.
The finished work:
Thanks for participating everybody! We’ll definitely do another one of these again on the future. Until then!
After a lot of sweat, blood, tears, procrastination, and midnight snacks to help me stay awake, I have finally finished writing “Thorigami: Lord of Folders!” With “The Invincible Iron Fold,” we got to see what Kirby High School was like; but now, we’re going to find out what it’s like back in Wheeler Academy, Kirby’s archrival!
You can read the newest addition to the MOU right here.
Dear SuperFolders from Across the Internet,
Howdy-ho, friends! I’ve just gotta say, I am sure excited for what’s going on right now on the OYEU! I’m so excited where the MOU series will take us as this universe of stories continues to expand.
However, I would like to remind everyone about a few things regarding what is allowed on the OY EU. After all, there are kids and teens who all come in a variety of ages who visit this website. Thus, we must be aware about what we comment about. Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- NEVER be unkind to others or make them feel shut out of the EU. The EU belongs to ALL!
- Foul language and suggestive/inappropriate/extremely violent ideas and content are strictly prohibited. Also, we recommend not using other words in the place of bad ones, and even being careful about words that denote negative things (stupid, idiot, dumb, etc.). Just be aware of others who may not appreciate that kind of stuff.
- Do not share information about or links to websites, videos, or anything that may not be appropriate for young readers.
- Do not reveal any personal information about yourself beyond your name. We suggest that at the most, you should use your first name. We also recommend that you not mention your address, your full name, or any information along those lines. This is for the safety of everyone.
- No spamming. That’s a no-brainer.
- Although we enjoy everyone’s questions and enthusiasm, please understand that the EU Admins have lives of their own and that we may not always immediately answer your questions. Please be patient and don’t freak out.
One more thing: we are glad to see that everyone is interacting, sharing their own MOU ideas, having fun, and showing off their personalities. That’s great. But, there are certain things related to the Marvel universe that the OYEU community does not need. We don’t want to point fingers at anyone, because this a new thing that has been brought up. However, stories such as “Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe” and “Old Man Logan” are comics ones that have incredibly graphic and violent content. While we have designed the MOU to be for older readers, since the OY community has gotten older (that’s why the MOU takes place in high school instead of middle school), we still want everyone to be comfortable with what is presented on this website.
This does not mean stories that feature elements from the mentioned violent comics are prohibited. However, the MOU will probably never feature fan recreations of such stories because they do not represent the ideas we want to spread.
Alright. That’s all. If you’re skipping the rules just to read the MOU news, we suggest that you go back and at least quickly read over the rules. We are trying to keep all SuperFolders safe, happy, and comfortable, and we need you to help do that!
Now, the MOUSE (Marvel Origami Universe’s Scribes and Essayists) would like the announce the title of the second story of the official MOU canon. We present to you, the great, the mighty, the worthy…
This is a story that I, SuperFolder CJ, have written myself. It’s pretty long, but I hope y’all still enjoy it.
To get y’all excited for this story’s arrival (which will be very soon), I made some a instructions slideshow for how to fold one of the origami characters featured in “Thorigami.” His name is Heimdollar, a pun off Heimdall, the Keeper of the Bifrost, since the origami character is folded with a dollar. If you don’t have a dollar, just cut out a rectangle of paper!
The MOUSE (Marvel Origami Universe Scribes & Essayists) AKA the MOU writers would like to present to you the title of the first of the MOU stories…
Ladies and gentlemen, SuperFolders of all ages, the Origami Yoda Expanded Universe team would like to present you with something new, something fresh, something… marvelous.
That’s right! We are officially announcing the arrival of the the OYEU’s newest universe of stories – the Marvel Origami Universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I, SuperFolder CJ, have the great privilege of working alongside SuperFolders Camster and Noah on this project. However, we need YOUR help (literally the help of ALL you people who are reading this) to make it happen. I’ll explain this in a moment.
This very well might be the greatest thing that’s happened to the OYEU. Big changes are coming. But they’re good changes.
You see, if I can be completely honest with all of you, we have entered a Dark Age of sorts, where there is an immense lack of SuperFolders and Origami Yoda fandom. But we want to BRING THAT BACK. Camster, Noah, and I, with the approval of SuperFolder JC himself, are trying to bring new life to the EU.
Now, this DOES NOT mean we’re done with Origami Star Wars stories. FEAR NOT! The OYEU continues to live on. The MOU is not a threat to the OYEU, but an expansion of it. We will finish Volume 3 of Origami Yoda and the Bounty Hunters tales eventually. I promise. For now, we are putting those stories on hold for just a little while longer so we can pursue work on the Marvel Origami Universe (MOU).
By the way, the MOU is not limited to the events and characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Basically, we can use anyone and anything from the HUGE Marvel Multiverse to work with. So that’s pretty stooky!
Now, here’s the juicy part – the part where you come in. Actually, you know what, let me divide this part into several parts…
1. EVERYONE can create a character name for the MOU and a character with THAT name WILL be in one or more of the MOU stories. And I’m not just talking about cameos. I’m talking about heroes to supporting characters to villains. COMMENT BELOW YOUR CHARACTER NAME ON THIS POST. (Yes, it can be your own first name but preferably not your last name please. Use a fake last name.)
2. We are in DESPERATE NEED OF WRITERS. Noah has graciously taken the job of writing many of the MOU stories. Camster and I are also helping. But there are SO many more. If you want to write something, EMAIL US AT: firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no first dibs. You will be randomly assigned a story to write. That way no one feels like they got the short end of the stick. Everyone has a fair chance. As of now, three phases, or Folds, are planned. While Fold 1 is full, writers are needed for the latter two. We will eventually announce the writers along with the timeline for the Folds. That will be in the near future, so don’t forget to email us ASAP!
3. We also really need ILLUSTATORS AND ORIGAMI-FOLDERS! For illustrators: instead of doodling on pages like in the original Origami Yoda book, we just want drawings that depict significant events or origami characters of the MOU. For origami-folders: we need people to fold origami characters for the covers of the stories! Once again, you can EMAIL US AT: email@example.com. Email us and tell us you want to be an illustrator or origami-folder, and we will randomly assign you something or someone to create. Illustrators, please, be as creative as you want with your painting/drawing (as long as it looks somewhat realistic and not totally abstract). Folders, put your best effort into making the origami character look waffle-tastic! Origami instructions are not mandatory, but appreciated!
ALRIGHTY THEN! That’s all I’ve got for now! Stay tuned for a #ThrowbackThursday-style teaser for our first MOU story coming within the week, as well more announcements about both the MOU and the OYEU!!!