Update on EU Rules, Next MOU Story Confirmation, and a How-To-Fold!
Dear SuperFolders from Across the Internet,
Howdy-ho, friends! I’ve just gotta say, I am sure excited for what’s going on right now on the OYEU! I’m so excited where the MOU series will take us as this universe of stories continues to expand.
However, I would like to remind everyone about a few things regarding what is allowed on the OY EU. After all, there are kids and teens who all come in a variety of ages who visit this website. Thus, we must be aware about what we comment about. Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- NEVER be unkind to others or make them feel shut out of the EU. The EU belongs to ALL!
- Foul language and suggestive/inappropriate/extremely violent ideas and content are strictly prohibited. Also, we recommend not using other words in the place of bad ones, and even being careful about words that denote negative things (stupid, idiot, dumb, etc.). Just be aware of others who may not appreciate that kind of stuff.
- Do not share information about or links to websites, videos, or anything that may not be appropriate for young readers.
- Do not reveal any personal information about yourself beyond your name. We suggest that at the most, you should use your first name. We also recommend that you not mention your address, your full name, or any information along those lines. This is for the safety of everyone.
- No spamming. That’s a no-brainer.
- Although we enjoy everyone’s questions and enthusiasm, please understand that the EU Admins have lives of their own and that we may not always immediately answer your questions. Please be patient and don’t freak out.
One more thing: we are glad to see that everyone is interacting, sharing their own MOU ideas, having fun, and showing off their personalities. That’s great. But, there are certain things related to the Marvel universe that the OYEU community does not need. We don’t want to point fingers at anyone, because this a new thing that has been brought up. However, stories such as “Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe” and “Old Man Logan” are comics ones that have incredibly graphic and violent content. While we have designed the MOU to be for older readers, since the OY community has gotten older (that’s why the MOU takes place in high school instead of middle school), we still want everyone to be comfortable with what is presented on this website.
This does not mean stories that feature elements from the mentioned violent comics are prohibited. However, the MOU will probably never feature fan recreations of such stories because they do not represent the ideas we want to spread.
Alright. That’s all. If you’re skipping the rules just to read the MOU news, we suggest that you go back and at least quickly read over the rules. We are trying to keep all SuperFolders safe, happy, and comfortable, and we need you to help do that!
Now, the MOUSE (Marvel Origami Universe’s Scribes and Essayists) would like the announce the title of the second story of the official MOU canon. We present to you, the great, the mighty, the worthy…
This is a story that I, SuperFolder CJ, have written myself. It’s pretty long, but I hope y’all still enjoy it.
To get y’all excited for this story’s arrival (which will be very soon), I made some a instructions slideshow for how to fold one of the origami characters featured in “Thorigami.” His name is Heimdollar, a pun off Heimdall, the Keeper of the Bifrost, since the origami character is folded with a dollar. If you don’t have a dollar, just cut out a rectangle of paper!